Friday, March 18, 2011

SPRING is in the air...

It's almost here! Sunday is the first official day of spring and I am so excited :) I absolutely love this weather. My favorite season is and will always be fall, but something about seeing everything start blooming just gets me. I also love all the pretty colors you can decorate with in the spring. Here is our front porch right now:
I need to get some flowers to hang up, but I'm still not sure what kind I want. I should probably get the ones that need the least amount of maintenance, but I always end up picking the ones that need to be watered twice a day during the summer. I love fresh flowers, but they are some serious work, and I am awful at it. We had a bunch of potted plants on our porch at our rental house last year, and I killed all of them by August. (sad face)

Instead of getting fresh flowers all the time, I opt for fake ones, and they turn out pretty good:

Daisies are my favorite. They are seriously all over our house, and they will definetly be in my wedding boquet. I know I'm supposed to be all about tulips right now, but to be honest, they're not that pretty to me.
Sorry Ande I know those are your favorite :)

My favorite part of the front porch right now is our Lucy bow:

I've never met this little girl, but I love her so much, and I'm praying for her every single day! She has brought so much unity to this county lately, and it so great to see total strangers coming together for her. Her mom's blog moves me to tears every time I read it, and I just know they are going to beat the cancer. GO LUCY GO! For anyone who doesn't already know, you can buy these bows for $10 @ Hometown Flowers in Covington. You can also get the stretchy Livestrong bracelets that say GO LUCY GO on them for $5.00 @ The Freckled Frog, and one of the banks in Covington is selling t-shirts for her as well. Here is a link to Lucy's momma's blog to find out more about all this:
erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com
I know 100% of the bow money goes straight to Lucy's family, and I'm pretty sure everything else is strictly for them as well.

Last but not least, what would my front porch be like with something monogrammed?!

I love garden flags. I have 3 or 4 of them already. This is my spring/summer flag.
I can't wait until this is actually my last initial :)

Even better than decorating, is watching the kids (the ones with fur) play outside on a nice day. Ella is so happy that I'm letting her out in the backyard more.





She and Ryder actually played outside for a while this morning. I love this picture of them :) Usually it's Ella & Lucy that like to play, and Ryder just wants to sunbathe and pee on everything. He's the sweetest chihuahua you will ever meet though. He is always everyone's favorite when people come to visit. All he wants to do is cuddle, and his sweet face gets me everytime:




Lucy was not in the mood for playing this morning. All she wanted was for me to hold her. Hopefully I can get some pics of all three of them outside playing soon! P.S. our yard looks like CRAP and we know it. Keith sprayed roundup the other day to kill all the weeds, and they all just grew instead! Our backyard was so pretty last summer when we bought the house and the snow just made it all wet and nasty. I hope we can get it nice and green again. The dogs are doing a great job fertilizing it for sure!




0 comments:

Post a Comment