Monday, March 14, 2011

It's coming along!

So this weekend our wedding invitations came in :) I've already started putting them together, and I have quickly realized it is going to take forever! It took me almost an hour just to put together 25 of them, and I still have 125 to go. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I just hope that all the guest will be comfortable RSVPing online. We had to do that to try to save money. Our wedding website has a really cool way of doing it though, so I hope it works. We also took our engagement pics with Echo this weekend. I can't wait to see them. We went walking down Front St. in Memphis & also to an Episcopal Church near Lebonheur on Poplar with really pretty red doors. Once we get our pictures in I can add some more photos to the blog and everything too, which I'm pretty excited about.

Today I went to talk to the wonderful Mary Baugus in Covington about our wedding cake. We decided to do go with a 3 tier, square cake. I'm not going to give everything away, but I will tell you that we are going to have heavenly ivory, red velvet, and chocolate for the flavors. Hope you guys like that! I especially like the red velvet because of the story Mrs. Mary told me about it. She got the recipe from a lady in England years ago, and it's about a chambermaid trying to impress a guy by baking for him. How neat is that?! I'm am in awe of love stories, so I couldn't resist picking that flavor :)
180 days to go......and I seriously can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment