Monday, March 21, 2011

Bridesmaids Dresses

The time has finally come, and I have locked in my decision for bridesmaid's dresses. This has been the hardest decision for me to make, since I could not decide what colors I wanted to use. About a month ago, I finally decided that I would use fall colors for the wedding. It started out that way in the first place, and I changed the color scheme 8,000 times after that, until finally I came back to the first choice I had made. That's how I like to do things I guess. I second guess myself alot, and this was apparently no different. I finally walked into David's Bridal friday afternoon with Milena & Ande and just decided. Thank goodness someone else was there with me to give me advice. I never realized that having someone confirm or deny your thought could lead you to making a decision faster. I always assumed that opinions would give you mixed signals, so you should just decide everything for yourself. They helped me a ton, however, when it came down to the final decision. I think I kept trying to second guess myself because I had never seen these colors in a wedding before, and I was afraid it would be too loud/tacky for people's tastes. Ande made a very good point of telling me that I like the colors, and Keith likes the colors, and the wedding is about us more than anything else. That's all I really needed to hear her say to finally make me decide that these colors were the right choice for me. I know this decision wasn't supposed to be this hard (it's kind of petty when you really think about all the other hard decisions you have to make in a lifetime), but it was....and I'm so glad it's decided and I get to share it with everyone today.

So the final decision about the bridesmaids dresses are: fern, ruby, golden, tangerine, cocoa, sunbeam, and wine. WHEW! I did it :) Now I know you are freaking out inside and saying, "OMG!  Seriously? How/Why did she pick so many colors!?". Well.....my absolute FAVORITE part about fall is seeing all the leaves change colors. I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing all the pretty colors, and they are also my favorite kind of pictures to take. Nothing is better to me than a backdrop of bright colored leaves all around you when you want to capture memories. I also love the football type weather in the fall too, which is why we picked a fall evening setting to get married. I also decided to alternate between bright and dark colors so one section of girls wouldn't look louder than another section. That's was Milena's idea actually :) Good call. I picked out the actual dresses myself, and fell in love with the ones that had pockets and ruching (my 2 favorite things a dress has to offer). Anywho, hope you guys like it, because I'm in love with it!


I also ordered their shoes yesterday, and they should be here sometime next week. I got an awesome deal at Kohl's for $20 off each pair. I have been looking for some wedge platform sandals for them to wear for a while, since we will be outside most of the day for the wedding, and I didn't want them to have to dig their heels out of the grass every 5 seconds. I found the cutest sandals to tie in all the fall colors, and they match every girl's dress really well too.


I love that they kind of "dress the outfit down" a little. I didn't want the wedding to be super fancy, but I still wanted it to look really nice. I'm really happy with my how it's all turning out, and I can't wait to see everyone all dressed up and pretty on our big day :)

1 comments:

Echo

Great choices, Raechyl! I think they'll be fantastic and fun.

Post a Comment