Friday, April 1, 2011

Trying to be crafty ...

One thing I wish I were better at: crafting! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read other people's blogs about how they make all these neat little things for their homes. I am super jealous of anyone who can sew too. It takes me 30 minutes just to get the thread ready, and I still don't know how to tie it right. I need to learn before I start having kids, or Keith is gonna kill me for spending a million dollars on cute little boutique stuff for them to wear. I just love it so much :) All the cute little applique shirts, and the tutus, and the monogram on everything & (okay I'm stopping now!) The one thing I have taught myself to do is to make letters to hang on the wall with ribbon. I just love it for baby rooms. I got to experiment with Marlee's letters first, and they look a little rough, but still alot cuter than if I paid someone 12.00 a letter to do it for me (crazy price!)


After I did Marlee's letters, I decided to make some for baby Tinley's room too.
I think these turned out a little cuter, but I'm biased because I'm in love with black & green, and that's what
 April decided to do Tinley Jo's nursery in:



I finally figured out how to tie them in a better bow when I got to do Emme's letters for my friend Ashley, and now I'm obsessed with making these things! I can't wait to make some for baby Garrison's room once Patrick & Juli pick out the decorations and the bedding :)


So now I'm even more obsessed with personalizing everything I buy as baby gifts, since I figured out how to make these cute :) I hope you guys like them!

 I also personalized some wedding presents for Marlee, Rylee, & Tyler (ringbearer & flowergirls for the wedding). Aren't these just so cute?! They look even better with their initials on them than they did before I put them on there. This will be cute for them to carry around on the wedding day, so they don't spill drink all over their outfits :) I got lucky finding them, because they are the perfect size for them!



0 comments:

Post a Comment